Led by John M. Hoskins
to 3 minute sample
"I know I should have one, but I can’t find the time…." We
hear it often as development officers and executive directors acknowledge
the need for a planned giving program and the reality of the pressures of time.
This seminar will help you focus your resources wisely.
If you want to start an effective planned
giving program, this seminar is for you.
Who Should Attend?
Development officers, executive directors,
board and committee members will all benefit.
The session will answer the following questions:
- Where do we begin at our agency?
- How do we start a planned giving program with little or no
- What kind of policies should we have in place as a board?
- How does the small to mid-size not-for-profit staff for planned
- How do we identify the planned giving prospect base?
- How do we market our planned giving efforts?
- What is the best way to recognize planned giving donors?
- How do volunteers function in a planned giving effort?
Participants will leave the
session with the following resources:
- Sample outlines for planned giving policy development
- Resources for planned giving marketing materials
- Additional training opportunities available to staff and
About John Hoskins:
John M. Hoskins, CFE, is Senior National Philanthropic
Advisor for the Saint Francis Academy. Saint Francis is a child
welfare agency based in Kansas and serving 2,000 children in Kansas,
Mississippi, and California.
John has over 30 years experience
in the planned giving and fundraising field. He has worked for
the Presbyterian Church (USA) Foundation and the National Benevolent
Association. Prior to joining Saint Francis in 2001, he served
as planned giving officer of Saint John’s Cathedral in Denver,
Colorado from 1993-2001.
John is a Certified Direct Marketer (CDM),
a Fellow in Church Business Administration (FCBA), and a Certified
Financial Educator (CFE). In demand as a speaker, John brings a
wealth of knowledge and experience to seminar participants.